On-line & Local Backup for Your Server, PC, Mac and Office 365
Simple, Automatic & Secure Backup, is this practical?
- Are your photos, documents and databases important?
- what would happen if that presentation you spent last night creating was unusable today?
- How critical to your business is the accounts?
- Is there a simple, cost effective way to have peace of mind?
What does a computer hard disk and a gerbil have in common? Their average lifespan is about 3-5 years. - T.E. Ronneberg
Chances are you have a lot of important stuff on your computer like financial documents, email, digital photos, music and more. Unfortunately, computers are vulnerable to hard drive failure, virus and ransomware attacks, theft and natural disasters, which can erase everything in an instant. Even Office 365 is not immune to problems.
In fact, data loss can happen at any time. Statistically, a hard drive crashes every 15 seconds and 60% of businesses who lose their data go bankrupt within 6 months. For the cost of the average business lunch, your company data can be backed up automatically, securely, and with little to no effort.
Key questions for any backup solutions :-
"Is my data secure"?
"is it quick and easy to recover my data?"
The companies KTS Computers Ltd work with ensure that your data is secure has the following benefits:-
- Data encrypted in transit and at rest - Military-grade encryption locks your data both during upload to the data centre and during storage at the data centre. Without the key, which you have, no one can access your data
- Fast data recovery - Redstor for instance has an 'instant data feature' which ensures files are being downloaded in order required, so rapidly access most important files first.
- Optional Near Continuous Data Protection - Our backup can automatically detect and backs up new and changed files.
- Data stored in GDPR compliant data centres, Ensuring compliance is important, and so all our partners use UK or European data centres. In fact Redstor data centres are in the UK!
- Ransomware detection We can even detect if the data has signs of being encrypted by ransomware and alert you, so stopping overwriting of a precious safe backup and protecting your live data.
- Easy recovery. All systems have been chosen because apart from security, speed, ease of recovery is important - have a look at the Redstor video below if you don't believe us!
This means that although the data is not on your premises, it is extremely safe. Only you can access the data, and that is both whilst being uploaded / downloaded from the servers or whilst in storage in the cloud.
But my data is in Office 365, it's in the cloud so must be safe?
Myth busting time! - Microsoft cloud is very good, in fact it works almost 24 hours a day for 365 days a year. What do I mean by 'almost'? Microsoft own service level agreement is commited to 99.9% uptime. What happens the other 1% or over 3 days?
I will let Microsoft Services Agreement answer that - Section 6 states We strive to keep the Services up and running; however, all online services suffer occasional disruptions and outages. In the event of an outage or disruption to the Service, you may temporarily not be able to retrieve Your Content. We recommend that you regularly backup Your Content and Data that you store on the Services or store using Third-Party Apps and Services.
Or in other words, Microsoft is responsible for the service - NOT your data.
Why can't I carry on using my tape or USB local backup?
You can! You can use both and online and a local backup, but are you aware of the limitations of local backups? For instance, that stretches and degrades and those USB drives like your main device drives can fail. If that happened, would you know your backup is toast? What is the point of a backup that can't be read? Sadly very few business (only 34% of those that use local backup) check them, and of those that do, a whopping 77% notice some form of failure!
Don't risk losing your data and your business, Call us today on 01480 469019 for full details and a free consultation, or alternatively send us your enquiry by email and we'll be in touch as soon as possible. KTS Computers Ltd can both advise and carry out all the necessary work to ensure your system meets your requirements.
Call us for more details.
The data protection companies we work with include Redstor, based in UK, datto - a leading backup and disaster recovery company, Acronis - a hosuehold name for many and Avast CloudCare backup, known the world over for their security.